Post: AMERICAN LEGION POST 0077
Dates
Temp Charter Date: 03/10/1920
Perm Charter Date: 06/27/1922
Supplemental Charter Date: 06/29/2009

District#: 024
Legal Name: HUBERT M. SMITH, INC.
Address: 216 4TH AVE W
HENDERSONVILLE NC 28739
Telephone: 828-693-3922
Email Address:
Web Address: www.hmsmithpost77.org
Commander: SHUFORD EDMISTEN
Public parks were also created during the 1930s. Prior to this time, Hendersonville had only one city park, Toms Park, donated in 1917 by Confederate veteran Captain Marion C. Toms. Boyd and Edwards Park, bounded by Church Street, North Main Street, Locust Street, and Eighth Avenue, was developed in the 1930s in part as a post home for the American Legion Post.
 
The legion moved from the site in 1942, and a portion of the Edwards Park property was given to the Veterans of Foreign Wars in 1949. The park is home to two Boy Scout Cabins (HN 112) which were probably built in the late 1930s, soon after the park was opened
Click on any picture to see more pictures
  1. Managing Director
  2. Managing Director
  3. Managing Director
  4. Managing Director
  5. Managing Director
  6. Managing Director
  7. Managing Director
  8. Managing Director
  9. Managing Director
  10. Managing Director
  11. Managing Director
  12. Managing Director
  13. Managing Director
  14. Managing Director
  15. Managing Director
  16. Managing Director
  17. Managing Director
  18. Managing Director
  19. Managing Director
  20. Managing Director
  1. Managing Director
  2. Managing Director
  3. Managing Director
  4. Managing Director
  5. Managing Director
  6. Managing Director
  7. Managing Director
  8. Managing Director
  9. Managing Director
  10. Managing Director
  11. Managing Director
  12. Managing Director
Press any button to navigate to that page